This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy for more information.
Christmas is the time of year where people get busy with outdoor and indoor decorations to wow their neighbors and guests – bright colorful lights, snow globes, and beautifully wrapped presents underneath the Christmas trees.
Oh yeah… and you can’t forget about the good ol’ classic Christmas wreaths you hang on the front of your door.
Since Christmas wreaths can be expensive to buy, many people have turned to DIY options to create a prettier version while saving some money at the same time. Not to mention, using your hands to craft some holiday and Christmas decorations (like these awesome ones here) can feel pretty rewarding at the end.
Believe it or not, making your own DIY Christmas wreath doesn’t require you to be a crafting expert or an experienced DIY pro.
Luckily, with a few supplies from places like the Dollar Tree, you’ll be able to create your own beautiful DIY Christmas wreath in no time!
Before you scroll through this post about the best Christmas wreaths, here are some frequently asked questions about making DIY holiday wreaths on a budget.
How to make a Christmas wreath out of Dollar Tree?
You can make a Christmas wreath by purchasing a list of supplies, including a grapevine wreath, a five-stem poinsettia bush, burlap, wire cutters, ribbons, pre-made bows, and decorative items such as snowmen, Santa Claus, or any other Christmas characters you desire.
Here is a helpful tutorial on how you can build your own Christmas wreath without looking cheap.
Is it cheaper to make your own Christmas wreath?
It depends on the type of materials you purchase and where you shop.
Sometimes, I find significant savings at Michael’s, especially when they offer coupons of 50% off or more. However, if you shop at your local dollar store, you can usually find all the crafting materials you need.
You might already have some supplies at home, and there could be items you can upcycle.
By choosing the DIY route, you often save money by creating your own Christmas wreath. So, my answer is yes; it’s typically cheaper to make one yourself.
How do you make a simple Christmas wreath?
if you’re looking for ways to make a quick and simple wreath, I recommend playing this tutorial to see how you can get one done in 5 minutes.
How many rolls of Dollar Tree mesh do I need for a wreath?
The number of rolls of Dollar Tree mesh you’ll need for a wreath largely depends on the desired fullness and size of the wreath, as well as the specific technique you’re using.
I would say that typically, for a standard-sized wreath (about 14-16 inches in diameter) using the poof or ruffle method, you might need 2 to 3 rolls of Dollar Tree mesh to achieve a full and vibrant look.
However, if you’re intermixing with other materials or making a smaller wreath, one roll might suffice.
To be on the safe side, it’s always a good idea to buy an extra roll just in case, especially since Dollar Tree products are affordable.
How do you make a cheap wreath look expensive?
Making a cheap wreath look expensive requires a touch of creativity and attention to detail. It’s not so much about how much money you spend on supplies and materials.
Here are some of my quick pointers on how you can make a cheap Christmas wreath look expensive.
- Layering: Combine multiple textures and materials. Mix faux greenery with real elements like pinecones or dried flowers to add depth.
- Upgrade the Base: Start with a fuller, more robust base, like a grapevine or twig wreath, to provide a rich backdrop.
- Color Palette: Opt for a cohesive and sophisticated color scheme, such as golds, silvers, or muted winter whites.
- Quality Over Quantity: They always say less is more, so select fewer, high-quality ornaments rather than overcrowding with cheaper decorations.
- Finishing Touches: Use luxe ribbons for bows, and consider spray painting elements in metallic tones.
- Attention to Details: Trim any visible plastic stems, fluff branches, and ensure even spacing.
By focusing on these pointers, you can elevate the appearance of any holiday wreath!
And if you’re looking for cheap Dollar Tree wreaths that look expensive, then check out these best ideas that will knock your socks off!
DIY Christmas Wreath Dollar Tree
The results of these amazing DIY Dollar Tree wreaths are so amazing, you’ll even fool your neighbors into thinking you picked one up from an expensive retailer!
No matter your style or preference, we guarantee that you’ll be inspired and motivated to make your own Christmas wreath after going through this list of amazing ideas from the best DIYers and crafters on Pinterest.
And if you’re planning to invite guests over for a Christmas party, be sure to check out these best and easy to make Christmas desserts (all your guests will be salivating over them) along with these DIY budget-friendly Christmas jar gift ideas. We know that your guests will have the most memorable and epic holiday party with all these awesome Christmas planning, crafting, and decorating ideas!
From Vintage Winter Wonderland and timeless classics to the more modern rustic or farmhouse Christmas wreaths, there are a variety of DIY ideas to match your personality and style at home.
Here’s what you’ve been waiting for…
We’ve listed the best DIY Christmas holiday wreath ideas – again, most of these supplies can be found from your local dollar store or Dollar Tree.
More related articles on DIY Christmas crafts, decorations, and decor on a budget:
- Easy DIY Dollar Tree Christmas Crafts and Decorations (Your neighbors will be jealous of you)
- Super Easy DIY Crafts For Kids
- Stunning DIY Mason Jar Christmas You Haven’t Seen Before
1. DIY Christmas Wreath with Gingerbread Men
2. DIY Christmas Joy Wreath
3. DIY Frozen Christmas Wreath
4. DIY Vintage Style Winter Wonderland Christmas Wreath
5. DIY Snowman Wreath
6. Christmas Wreath DIY
7. Easy Dollar Tree Christmas Wreath DIY
8. Burlap DIY Christmas Wreath
9. DIY Peppermint Christmas Wreath
10. Easy Burlap DIY Christmas Wreath
11. Homemade Classic DIY Christmas Wreath
12. DIY Dollar Tree Christmas Berry Wreath
13. DIY “JOY” Dollar Tree Christmas Wreath
14. Simple Dollar Tree Christmas Wreath
15. Beautiful Rustic DIY Christmas Wreath
16. DIY Yarn Ball Christmas Wreath
17. DIY Dollar Tree Supply Candy Cane Christmas Wreath
18. DIY Christmas Wreath Tutorial with Dollar Tree Ornaments
19. DIY Poinsettia and Burlap Wreath
20. DIY Dollar Store Christmas Wreath with Paper Straw
Easy DIY Dollar Tree Christmas Wreaths
We hope you enjoyed this round-up of DIY Dollar Tree Christmas wreaths.
Let us know which DIY Christmas wreath is your favorite by leaving a comment below!